Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Homework Blues

As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

Mr. Van Camp scowled as he looked up from the papers he was marking. "This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," he suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

"Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned.

"Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."

"I was walking to school like usual when I saw a UFO!" I exclaimed

Mr. Van Camp laughed, "Are you sure your mom didn't put something in your cornflakes?"

"She usually does but not today!"

"All right what happened next?" sighed Van Camp

"The UFO beamed me up!" I shouted "all of the sudden I was in a real life UFO spaceship!"

"Take a seat, I hope your embarassed"

I stood my ground, "Then all the sudden there was aliens everywhere!"

"Ok wonderful but I have a class to teach sit down." Mr Van Camp began writing on his chalk board "Todays lesson is..."

"They gave me candy and we toured the universe!" I shouted happily

Van Camp turned around and laughed, "get out of my class.."

2 comments:

  1. Ah, just in time, Mr. Schenkey. A few minor punctuation errors, but well done dialogue. 55/60

    ReplyDelete